Never Give Up!

I want to show that no matter how things get, never give up.

In February 2010 I was involved in a serious car accident. The result of the accident was a serious injury to my right arm. I'm right handed so was in for some hard work.

Don't read any further if you are squeamish about x-rays of broken bones.



Slightly broken after my accident.


With hard and committed work from the staff at Sheffield Northern General Hospital to whom I will be forever grateful I managed a far greater than could have been imagined recovery.



Following the hard work of the fantastic staff at Sheffield Northern General.

I have managed to return to a level of somewhat normality in my life. I have restricted movement in my arm, and have been warned that any further serious injury may be impossible to repair. But I can drive again, I can write with my right hand, and I have been able to return to my job without any real limitations.

In early 2011, having been persuaded I ought to 'get out there' by an acquaintance, I decided to. I used to go walking and rock climbing with my parents from the age of about 7 years up to being about 15 years. Now rock climbing, was out of the question, but walking was something I could do just by going through the back door. And since early 2011 I have progressed from going for a walk around the local park and forest, to the walks you are seeing on my blog. I'm living more now, than I did before my accident. I'm going back to places from my youth, and new places, to create all new memories. It's the best therapy I could ask for.

So however bad it may seem, it can be better, it just needs some hard work, and from time to time, a bit of helpful advice.