Iberian Championships

Last weekend was the 2nd stage of the Iberian Championships in Figueira da Foz.
I was sick since thursday with a mix of sore throat/lack of recovery from jet lag so I felt physically bad. (right click on the map --> open in new window to higher map resolution).

Sprint, 2.5k, 21c - An interesting map with a nice castle area. I wasn't able to antecipate the narrow streets area. 


Middle distance, 6.5k, 29c - My goal was to run an error-free race, since I was physically impaired. I did a big mistake to 11th. Caught a runner on the 19th and got completely distracted: lesson to learn.


Long distance, 14.1k, 27c - I didn't make major mistakes. I didn't give it all physically and I wasn't that tired at the end of the race.


CONCLUSION: It's a good bet to avoid mistakes through a careful map reading.


PS- This new Iberian championships format wasn't a success. I know that the older "national team" format isn't doable in nowadays situation but I just leave the question... do the national teams really need to stay in hotels supported by the federations? Why can't they stay with the other athletes and still compete by the national team?